Sunday, April 7, 2013

Review: Awake Caffeinated Chocolate, Milk.

Who doesn't  like chocolate, caffeinated chocolate? what more could one ask for! My Mom was the one that originally pointed this out to me and she grabbed one for me to try.

Taste

Mmmmm chocolate. The overall chocolate is pretty good but not quite dark enough for my taste. It has
a very creamy flavour with a hit of bitterness in the finish from the added caffeine. I'm going to be honest here, most of the chocolate I eat is either Green and Blacks, or Camino (Camino is my fav) This chocolate is good but no where near as good as the other mentioned brands.


Ingredients

101 mg of caffeine, sugar, cocoa butter, chocolate liquor, cocoa powder, skim milk, soy lecithin, artificial vanilla flavour, succinylated mono- and diglycerides.


Buzz

Holy crap, the buzz you get with these is insane. Within the first 5 mins after eating the bar I was feeling very very alert. The buzz was almost to much with me becoming very scattered, unable to focus and hyper. One of these hits you like a freight train but lasts a very short time, only about 30 mins to an hour. Now, there is a reason why this happens and its the same reason why energy shots also hit you like a freight train. Because there is a'lot of caffeine in such a small package you consume it very fast. This means the entire dosage hits your system immediately instead of over the period of 15-20 mins enjoying a coffee or energy drink would take. This results in a short burst of energy that is almost to much. Overall the buzz on this was interesting but not favourable as it made me very hyper and scattered.


Verdict

The consept of energy chocolate has been around ever since people decided to add caffeine to food and drink. However I think there are better better brands out there that provide a higher quality chocolate and a better buzz. Overall marks are 55/100 

No comments:

Post a Comment